About this blog:

Years ago, my sister and I went to see the Darjeeling Limited in theater. Afterwards, we were talking about the movie and about our love for creating art. We shared a similar problem: we put our art last to the business of our lives and thus hardly ever made time to create anything. My sister suggested that we make a commitment to create a piece of art every week. She jokingly said "Can we agree to that?" in reference to the line Owen Wilson used repeatedly in the movie.
Although I tried at first to stick to our commitment, I've lapsed into not making time to create. I'm hoping this blog will help me rededicate time to that purpose.

Please check out my Etsy shop where you can buy paper or canvas prints!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolution

With the beginning of a new year, I hope to continue the resolution I made when I started this blog: to make a piece of artwork about once a week.  Lately, I've been spending some more time with photography and discovered that it'd been almost a month since my last drawing.  Although I'm enjoying photography, I missed the basic form of creative expression in drawing and the attention it forces me to give to details.  Drawing causes me to appreciate the beauty in creation and often I find myself moved by the end result.  It is my way of processing scripture and my relationship with Christ.  I hope that others enjoy the drawings too, but even if they don't, I know it's important that I keep creating.


"What do drawings mean to me?  I really don't know.  The activity absorbs me.  I forget everything else in a way that I don't think happens with any other activity..." --John Berger, author of Ways of Seeing

No comments:

Post a Comment